Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Deploy for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Deploy.
Use the Solutions page to install Deploy and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Deploy is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Deploy, see Import Deploy with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings After installing Deploy, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Deploy requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Deploy with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Deploy requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Deploy.
When you import Deploy with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured for Deploy:
|Deploy deployment templates||
The following deployment templates are created:
Deploy maintenance windows
An Always On maintenance window is created, and enforced against the All Computers computer group.
|Deploy configurations||For action locked machines, only applicability scanning is enabled, so that deployments cannot run on action locked machines.|
|Deploy software packages||
The following Predefined Package Gallery packages are automatically imported:
To import Deploy and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Deploy version.
To import Deploy without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Deploy version.
To organize computer groups, see Organize computer groups.
To configure the Deploy action group, see Configuring Deploy.
Other Tanium solutions are required for Deploy to function (required dependencies) or for specific Deploy features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
In Deploy 2.19, the steps required to configure the service account are no longer necessary due to the adoption of the System User Service, which performs these tasks automatically. After upgrading to Deploy 2.19, it might take time for the RBAC privileges and other updates to sync properly. This could lead to issues and error messages when you first query the Tanium Console. These issues usually resolve on their own after a few minutes, but could take up to an hour or longer depending on system resources and the amount of data to migrate.
For the steps to upgrade Deploy, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Deploy version.
After you import or upgrade Deploy, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Deploy to open the Deploy Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 9/19/2023 2:36 PM | Feedback