Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Map for Tanium™ Cloud, see Configuring Map.
Use the Solutions page to install Map and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Map is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Map, see Import Map with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Map, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Map requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Map with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Map requirements.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Map. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Map solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Map action group, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role, Content Administrator reserved role, or a role that has the Write Action Group permission.
When you import Map with automatic configuration, the following default setting is configured:
The following default setting is configured:
To import Map and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Map version.
To import Map without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Map version.
When you start the Map workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Map are installed at the required versions. The Map workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Map, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Map and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
Perform the following steps if a banner indicates any Map dependencies are not installed:
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Map to open the Map Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade Map, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Map version.
After you import or upgrade Map, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Map to open the Map Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 5/30/2023 1:55 PM | Feedback