Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information on configuring Reputation settings, see Configuring Reputation.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Reputation and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Reputation is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Reputation, see Import Reputation with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Reputation, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Reputation requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Reputation with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Reputation requirements.
- If you have Tanium Connect 4.10 or earlier installed, you must first either uninstall Connect or upgrade to Connect 4.11 or later. For more information, see Tanium Connect User Guide: Uninstall Connect or Tanium Connect User Guide: Upgrade Connect.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Reputation. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Reputation solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
When you import Reputation with automatic configuration, the Reputation service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
Configuring a unique service account for each Tanium solution is an extra security measure to consider in consultation with the security team of your organization. See Configure service account.
No default settings are configured for Reputation.
To import Reputation and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Reputation version.
To import Reputation without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to deselect the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Reputation version.
To configure the service account, see Configure service account.
To configure settings, see Configure Reputation service settings.
When you start the Reputation workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Reputation are installed at the required versions. The Reputation workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Reputation, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Reputation and did not import all its dependencies, Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Shared Services > Reputation to open the Reputation Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade Reputation, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Reputation version.
After you import or upgrade Reputation, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Shared Services > Reputation.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 8/25/2023 11:09 AM | Feedback